Letter: Support Continental Divide Wilderness Bill to protect public lands
January 31, 2018
We strongly support the Continental Divide Wilderness Bill that is jointly sponsored by Sen. Michael Bennet and Rep. Jared Polis. It has a great chance of passing, and it is absolutely what we should do as a community to leave an incredible legacy, not only for our grandchildren but for generations to come.
It has been well thought through and is an extraordinary commitment to protecting critical public lands that will ensure the legacy of critical backcountry public lands and is fundamental to the long-term economic survival of our community. We urge support of this important initiative.
Harry and Susan Frampton
Trending In: Opinion
- The Sandoval family thanks you for your support during their loss (letter)
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Matney: Are depictions of murder, bloodshed, violence and death the best way to have fun? (column)
- Thanks to community, first responders for help following Eagle Ranch house fire (letter)
- The persona of PSRA champion ski racer Lonny Vanatta, captured in photos (letter)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move