Letter: Support Continental Divide Wilderness Bill to protect public lands
January 31, 2018
We strongly support the Continental Divide Wilderness Bill that is jointly sponsored by Sen. Michael Bennet and Rep. Jared Polis. It has a great chance of passing, and it is absolutely what we should do as a community to leave an incredible legacy, not only for our grandchildren but for generations to come.
It has been well thought through and is an extraordinary commitment to protecting critical public lands that will ensure the legacy of critical backcountry public lands and is fundamental to the long-term economic survival of our community. We urge support of this important initiative.
Harry and Susan Frampton
Trending In: Opinion
- Avoid encounters and do your part to protect wildlife in Eagle County year-round (letter)
- Vice President Mike Pence recognizes Mikaela Shiffrin, hometown of Eagle-Vail (letter)
- Town of Vail went overboard with short-term rental license process (letter)
- Our View: Monday’s power outage a reminder of how good we have it (editorial)
- Follow the NRA money: It leads to Sen. Cory Gardner (letter)
- Whistle Pig Vail: Everything you need to know about the new summer concert series coming to Vail
- With gold and silver, Mikaela Shiffrin savors the ‘incredibly sweet’ moment
- History of Avon, Part 1: Town of Avon celebrating 40th birthday on Saturday, Feb. 24
- Alterra reveals Ikon Pass pricing; Aspen-Snowmass role includes 7 days combined
- It’s a family matter: Gisin wins gold in combi; Shiffrin second