Letter: Support Continental Divide Wilderness Bill to protect public lands
January 31, 2018
We strongly support the Continental Divide Wilderness Bill that is jointly sponsored by Sen. Michael Bennet and Rep. Jared Polis. It has a great chance of passing, and it is absolutely what we should do as a community to leave an incredible legacy, not only for our grandchildren but for generations to come.
It has been well thought through and is an extraordinary commitment to protecting critical public lands that will ensure the legacy of critical backcountry public lands and is fundamental to the long-term economic survival of our community. We urge support of this important initiative.
Harry and Susan Frampton
Trending In: Opinion
- Vail mayor: Get ready for the greatest cycling event in 30-plus years: the Colorado Classic (column)
- Carnes: When did the Republican Party, champions of the free market, start wanting bigger government? (column)
- College CEO: Quirk in state constitution could harm CMC’s affordability, critical programs (column)
- Goldberg: Are we as consumers of media to blame for the Alex Jones problem? (column)
- Recent events prove you can’t always rely on police protection (letter)
- Vail Valley’s most extravagant outdoor water users facing fines, disconnection
- Silver Creek Fire near Kremmling grows to 3,198 acres; air quality advisory in effect for Eagle County
- Woman from out of state dies after fall on Mount Royal in Frisco
- Lives in progress, a thing to behold: Carol Conger helped thousands of Vail Valley people start life right
- Rash of high-end bike thefts in Summit County might be connected to similar crimes in Vail, Avon