Letter: Supporting Greg Moffet and Travis Coggin for Vail Town Council
October 26, 2017
First, thank you to all the candidates running for the Vail Town Council, Colorado Mountain College and school board. Running is not an easy thing to do, and I applaud your commitment to serving your community.
Second, I write to respectfully ask for support for two candidates — Greg Moffet and Travis Coggin. Greg and I often disagree, but he listens and is thoughtful about his approach to serving the community. He single-handedly leads on many issues. Greg also serves on many boards besides the council. This benefit is hard to measure, but I promise it is always good to have Vail's voice in other rooms.
Travis is a "Vail kid," and I think that is an important perspective to have on the council. His experiences — from real estate to ski patrol — will allow him to be a voice of many of us who aren't always represented on the council.
I hope you will join me in supporting these two candidates. Thank you to all who are running, and good luck!
Trending In: Opinion
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Maybe it’s time to wipe the slate clean in Avon on Election Day (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect