Letter: Thank you for supporting Eagle River Youth Coalition fundraiser
October 3, 2017
Making youth a community priority is the guiding principle of all that Eagle River Youth Coalition does. This comes in so many forms and cannot be done alone.
Parenting a tween or teen is no easy feat. As a matter of fact, sometimes parents feel like they are on an island. Instead of feeling isolated, Eagle River Youth Coalition gives parents a voice and a way to learn better parenting techniques — those that relieve stress and actually add joy back into the process. In 2017-18, we are increasing the number of parenting programs offered, expanding the topic base and inviting kids to participate.
The Youth Leaders Council gives teens a voice in matters that affect them. We encourage discussion, offer a setting to learn about difficult topics and value volunteerism. This year, teens from almost every high school in the valley are participating in the Youth Leaders Council.
Eagle River Youth Coalition is readying for the largest Healthy Kids Colorado Survey — every student in grades seven through 12 will participate. The data collected is invaluable to learn what is happening in the lives of teenagers. Many local nonprofits then rely on this data to receive grant funding.
All of these programs, and many more, are possible thanks to those who attended and supported the 11th annual Valley Tastings. This fundraiser allows us to raise unrestricted funds that can go toward a myriad of programs and initiatives. We are so thankful to all who attended, bought silent auction items, and of course, our sponsors Kaiser Permanente, the town of Gypsum, Vail Daily, Vail Resorts Epic Promise, East West Destination Hospitality, Alpine Bank, Vail Tax and Accounting, First Bank, R.A. Nelson, Western Slope Laundry and Central Rockies Mortgage.
This event could not have happened without the amazing restaurants that gave their time, talents and samples, including Annapurna, Avon Liquor, Baked and Loaded, Bonfire Brewing, Creekside Grill, Eat!Drink!, The Farm at Knapp Ranch, Gerard Family Beef, High Country Kombucha, Home Chefs of Vail, Mid-Vail, Mixtura, Rustic Farm to Fork, Splendido, Sundae, Tu Casa, Turgeon's Wood Fired Pizza, Wildwood Smokehouse and West Vail Liquor.
Recommended Stories For You
What a night of family fun and proving that youth will always be a community priority.
Executive director, Eagle River Youth Coalition
Trending In: Opinion
- Vail Daily owes readers an apology for cartoon that uses #MeToo to demean victims (letter)
- Carnes: Did you do some stupid things in high school? Me too (column)
- Do we truly value wildlife or just the appearance of being in the wild? (letter)
- What’s a better approach for prisoners: Punishment or rehabilitation? (letter)
- Many conservative groups use hidden stealth tactics to influence opinion and political decision-making (letter)
- Pre-dawn fire engulfs Eagle Ranch home as eight engines from around Vail Valley rally to fight blaze
- Utah man arrested near Eagle, suspected of firing pistol from moving vehicle
- Vail Resorts’ plan to expand Vail Mountain snowmaking draws good response
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Riverwalk Theater in Edwards has new owners and is now serving beer, wine