Letter: Thanks, Renee Fleisher, for your dedication to Studio 8100 dance family
November 16, 2017
Our family is deeply committed to the vitality of this wonderful community, which is why we feel compelled to take a moment to thank Renee Fleisher for showing up at Studio 8100 this summer.
I was quite inspired by my husband, Davy Gorsuch, and his collaboration with Sarah Johnson and Dance Assist on their ability to harness what I call a "Footloose" moment to keep Studio 8100 alive. One of the best protective factors we can create for our children is supporting them to find something they love.
Studio 8100 is more than a dance studio; it is an oasis for passion, commitment, discovery, collaboration, quality skill development, performance and community. Under Renee's vision and direction, the Studio is offering gold-standard instruction at all levels in a range of dynamic classes, including (but not limited to) ballet, hip-hop, contemporary and tap, along with unique opportunities to compete statewide and train with master teachers in the craft like mind-blowing professionals such as Ferly Prado, who has danced with Beyonce, Justin Timberlake and Katy Perry, to name a few.
Renee intimately knows the nuts and bolts of this world of performance, having been an acclaimed professional dancer herself (including a Denver Broncos cheerleader) and running a successful, state-of-the-art dance studio for 11 years in Steamboat. We thank you, Renee, for stepping in and sharing both your business and artistic expertise and creativity. If you build it, they will come.
Dr. Abbey Fox (Gorsuch)
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- Connect for Health Colorado: Optimism surrounds sixth-annual open enrollment (column)
- Carnes: ’Tis the season for faux outrage at songs, TV and other holiday classics (column)
- Column calling bus riders ‘peasants’ was appalling and disgraceful (letter)
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019