Letter: Thanks, Renee Fleisher, for your dedication to Studio 8100 dance family
November 16, 2017
Our family is deeply committed to the vitality of this wonderful community, which is why we feel compelled to take a moment to thank Renee Fleisher for showing up at Studio 8100 this summer.
I was quite inspired by my husband, Davy Gorsuch, and his collaboration with Sarah Johnson and Dance Assist on their ability to harness what I call a "Footloose" moment to keep Studio 8100 alive. One of the best protective factors we can create for our children is supporting them to find something they love.
Studio 8100 is more than a dance studio; it is an oasis for passion, commitment, discovery, collaboration, quality skill development, performance and community. Under Renee's vision and direction, the Studio is offering gold-standard instruction at all levels in a range of dynamic classes, including (but not limited to) ballet, hip-hop, contemporary and tap, along with unique opportunities to compete statewide and train with master teachers in the craft like mind-blowing professionals such as Ferly Prado, who has danced with Beyonce, Justin Timberlake and Katy Perry, to name a few.
Renee intimately knows the nuts and bolts of this world of performance, having been an acclaimed professional dancer herself (including a Denver Broncos cheerleader) and running a successful, state-of-the-art dance studio for 11 years in Steamboat. We thank you, Renee, for stepping in and sharing both your business and artistic expertise and creativity. If you build it, they will come.
Dr. Abbey Fox (Gorsuch)
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- The Sandoval family thanks you for your support during their loss (letter)
- Norton: The smartest person in the room is rarely the one doing the most talking (column)
- Matney: Are depictions of murder, bloodshed, violence and death the best way to have fun? (column)
- Thanks to community, first responders for help following Eagle Ranch house fire (letter)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job