Letter: Thanks to Farm to Fork and Garden to Glass participants from Land Trust
August 29, 2017
Each competitor for Garden to Glass donated their time and beverage costs to compete in the Garden to Glass competition: The Rose, Terra Bistro, Boxcar Restaurant, 10th Mountain Whiskey & Spirit Co., Root & Flower and Vail Catering Concepts. Please patronize these businesses and tell them you appreciated their contributions to the Land Trust.
Congratulations to mixologists Ryan Suoto and Scott Robinson from The Rose for winning the grand prize for the best cocktail creation (as voted by attendees).
I'd also like to thank the Scudder and Webster families for allowing us to hold the event on their property. The views of the Sawatch Range were exquisite, and the property makes for a great story about some of the important future conservation work for the Eagle Valley Land Trust.
And finally, a big thank you to Eric Berg, of Vail Catering Concepts, for creating an inspiring menu of locally sourced ingredients.
Recommended Stories For You
Executive Director, Eagle Valley Land Trust
Trending In: Opinion
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- Carnes: ’Tis the season for faux outrage at songs, TV and other holiday classics (column)
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- Connect for Health Colorado: Optimism surrounds sixth-annual open enrollment (column)
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019