Letter: Thanks to the community for another successful Hike, Wine & Dine
September 26, 2017
Amidst the twitter of golden aspen trees, Beaver Creek Mountain was once again the perfect destination for the ninth-annual Hike, Wine & Dine. More than 400 hikers enjoyed the spectacular scenery, great company, delicious food and a healthy hike to benefit patients at Shaw Cancer Center, a service of Vail Health Hospital.
This year's event celebrated the 10th anniversary of Jack's Place, our cancer-caring house. Thanks to the generosity of everyone involved, the event raised more than $140,000. Proceeds will benefit the endowment fund for Jack's Place to help secure its long-term future for patients in active treatment at Shaw. Through dollars raised at events like Hike, Wine & Dine, Jack's Place has provided respite for nearly 2,500 patients and their caregivers since 2007.
Special thanks to Sue Franciose and the Shaw Outreach Team for their tireless leadership and dedication to this event. Year after year, they make Hike, Wine & Dine a success and a treat, and we are very grateful to be the beneficiary of this beloved event.
I also want to thank 8100 Mountainside Bar, Beaver Creek Chophouse, The Dusty Boot, The Osprey Fireside Grill, Green Elephant Juicery, Grouse Mountain Grill, The Metropolitan, Rimini Gelato, Splendido at the Chateau and Vail Brewing Co. for providing the wonderful food and beverages at Hike, Wine & Dine. Finally, thanks to everyone who joined in this year's hike.
I'm continually reminded of the wonderful things the caring people of Eagle County make possible. Since its inception, Hike, Wine & Dine has raised more than $665,000 for Shaw patients. On behalf of Vail Health and our Shaw Cancer Center and Jack's Place, thank you.
Recommended Stories For You
President and CEO, Vail Health
Trending In: Opinion
- Carnes: A bigly appropriate Christmas poem (column)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Insert yourself into the cogs of democracy (letter)
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife