Vail Daily letter: Harvey for sheriff
In determining which Eagle County sheriff candidate to vote for, I took a look at the available work history and accomplishments. Daric Harvey’s background is strong in both. His 18 years experience in law enforcement includes both active community involvement and policing.
What is really impressive is Daric’s success in taking on increased responsibility with each new assignment in his career. His in-depth experience managing law enforcement officers will be key in bringing our sheriff’s office to the level that both the main valley area and our neighbors in Basalt and El Jebel require. In addition to his superb job qualifications, he has shown a strong sense of what is needed to improve life here in Eagle County.
On Daric’s website he outlines what the department can do to:
• Actively listening to and acting on the concerns of the community.
• Strengthening relationships with other public and private organizations and civic groups.
• Creation of a citizen’s police academy and volunteer opportunities within the Sheriff’s Office.
• Support coalitions and programs to help expand and improve community services.
• Develop youth programs with a focus on leadership development and service to the community.
• Advocate for better victim’s rights, mental health and substance abuse prevention programs.
• Institute a community outreach office.
Daric Harvey is best-qualified candidate to keep Eagle County a great place to live for all of us.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User