Vail Daily letter: Results Down Under
With mid-terms upon us, and re-emergence of Mitt Romney, I wanted to share 24-month results Down Under since his look-alike, John Key, was elected there. His platform was decidedly Romney-esque:
• Less government and regulations.
• Less borrowing and subsequent debt renegotiation.
• Privatization of unprofitable government entities.
• Legalization of prostitution and taxation thereof.
• Unfettered re-analysis and audit/reform of bulky entitlement programs.
The 24-month results?
• Removal of 34 percent national debt.
• Cuts in unemployment over 56 percent.
• Unprofitable government agencies sold to highest bidders, eliminating 28 percent of public debt (post office here would be a good start)
Understand that New Zealand has always had 98 percent voter turnout (requiring valid ID also!) or be fined $98 for non-participation. The country then can assume that the prevailing party really gets the popular vote.
Convincing? Want to move there? Google “New Zealand Embassy.” Why am I here, and not there? It’s still a very liberal place, New Zealand, like a giant Boulder … for now.
Off there with my 12-year-old for Thanksgiving (they don’t celebrate that, but I’m working on it!).
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User