Vail Daily letter: Successful event
The 2015 Law Enforcement Torch Run occurred on May 22 and wouldn’t have been a success without the help of people and sponsors from our community. The Eagle County Sheriff’s Office would like to thank the following people for their time and support by participating in the 2015 Eagle County Special Olympics Torch Run.
Our sponsors Four Seasons Resorts and Residence, Vail and Geena Urbina and Randi Alt. and Colorado Pool and Spa Scapes.
• Avon Police Department: Coby Cosper, Ken Dammen and Matt Jamison.
• Beaver Creek Public Safety: Mikel Kerst.
• Colorado State Patrol: Sgt. Shawn Olmstead, Jeffrey Chmielewski, Jeremy Tice.
• Eagle Police Department: Chief Joey Staufer, Jay Seckman.
• Eagle River Fire Protection District: Casey Cooper, Matt Devito, Kevin Kerr, Justin Ayer, Kyle Maine.
• Eagle County Paramedic Services: Marc Burdick, Christopher Dick, Greg Sawyer, Samantha Aaronson, Colin Carman.
• Eagle County Sheriff’s Office: Aaron Veldheer, Jacob Best, K9 Jake, Scott Peterson, Theresa Reno, Mike Mc William, Bill Kaufman, Josiah Hart, Jordan Harrison, Charles La Fleur. Lisa Vasquez.
• Greater Eagle Fire Department: Tom Wagenlander, Christopher Shannon, Eric Hill, Lee Bruchez, Ryan Gregor, Elizabeth Aviles.
• Vail Police Department: Daric Harvey, Jennifer Kirkland, Justin Dill, Dwight Henninger, Jessica Tice.
• Vail Fire Department: Dave Eich, Josh Eaton, Patrick Nashlenas, Chief Mark Novak.
A special thank you goes out to Eagle County’s Special Olympics Athletes that joined us in the run. I hope to meet many new participants from law enforcement and the community next year! Special Olympics will be holding their summer games this year June 5-7 in Grand Junction.
Deputy Lisa Vasquez
Eagle County Sheriff’s Office
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User