Letter: Tom Steinberg from afar
November 18, 2017
I have never visited Vail: I live around 5,000 miles away in the west of England.
Nevertheless, I've had a curious connection with the town via my namesake, the late Dr. Tom Steinberg, for more than a decade. This is due to the fact that in the early 2000s, I signed up to Google News Alerts for my own name. Almost immediately, I started to get a trickle of stories about this fascinating man and the amazing things he'd achieved.
Over the years, I felt like I got to know my older, better alter ego. Like me, he was into hiking and the outdoors. Unlike me, he had slept in the snow whilst fighting for his country.
I was truly sorry to see the news about the loss of this brave, determined, public-spirited man. I thought your readers might like to know that he is missed from afar, by people who never met him.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Carnes: A bigly appropriate Christmas poem (column)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Insert yourself into the cogs of democracy (letter)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Woman falls through ice in Edwards attempting to rescue dog from pond
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday