Letter: Vail Council drunk on power in regards to discussion about banning Segways
January 20, 2018
Today's article about Segway tours ("Vail council decides to keep Segways rolling," Thursday, Jan. 18) convinces me the council is drunk on power. The fact they considered Segways possibly unsafe is hilarious. This is Vail!
Having taken segway tours in Washington DC (where there's heavy traffic) and Austin, Texas, I can say they are considerably safer than skiing, snowboarding, kayaking, ice skating, roller skating, mountain biking, skateboarding or eating from a salad bar.
Why would they even consider removing any activity for tourists?
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Vote ‘no’ on Prop. 109 and ‘yes’ on Prop. 110 to fund transportation in Colorado (letter)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Proposition 112, a family’s perspective (letter)
- Wissot: Don’t let politics play such an overwhelmingly negative role in your life (column)
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy, Eagle Valley High School go 1-2 at state mountain biking championships