Letter: Vail Council drunk on power in regards to discussion about banning Segways
January 20, 2018
Today's article about Segway tours ("Vail council decides to keep Segways rolling," Thursday, Jan. 18) convinces me the council is drunk on power. The fact they considered Segways possibly unsafe is hilarious. This is Vail!
Having taken segway tours in Washington DC (where there's heavy traffic) and Austin, Texas, I can say they are considerably safer than skiing, snowboarding, kayaking, ice skating, roller skating, mountain biking, skateboarding or eating from a salad bar.
Why would they even consider removing any activity for tourists?
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- Connect for Health Colorado: Optimism surrounds sixth-annual open enrollment (column)
- Carnes: ’Tis the season for faux outrage at songs, TV and other holiday classics (column)
- Column calling bus riders ‘peasants’ was appalling and disgraceful (letter)
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019