Letter: Vail Recreation District bond needed to fix deficiencies of golf clubhouse
October 30, 2017
As Vail residents, we have a Vail Recreation District bond issue before us on Tuesday, Nov. 7. For Vail, this is an especially important issue, as we need to remedy some of the costly mistakes that were made in building the wedding venue where we once had a golf clubhouse.
With the design deficiencies in this poorly designed building, the VRD now has the need to build additional space to accommodate basic golf facilities such as cart storage; the unfortunate result of a own council refusing input from residents.
We sorely need to pass this VRD bond.
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- Connect for Health Colorado: Optimism surrounds sixth-annual open enrollment (column)
- Carnes: ’Tis the season for faux outrage at songs, TV and other holiday classics (column)
- Column calling bus riders ‘peasants’ was appalling and disgraceful (letter)
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019