Letter: Vail workforce housing dilemma doesn’t compare to ‘Sophie’s Choice’
September 24, 2017
This doesn't compare to 'Sophie's Choice'
With all due respect to Anne Esson's impassioned plea for wildlife preservation, I would like her to recognize that there is a big difference between the dilemma she is describing and the dilemma of "Sophie's Choice" ("Sophie's choice: Wildlife preservation or workforce housing?" Tuesday, Sept. 19).
How in the world can you compare a mother having to choose which child will be murdered by the Nazis with a community having to choose where to put workforce housing? Anne, please review the film and read your history so that you can avoid making such insulting comparisons.
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Vote ‘no’ on Prop. 109 and ‘yes’ on Prop. 110 to fund transportation in Colorado (letter)
- Wissot: Don’t let politics play such an overwhelmingly negative role in your life (column)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Vote ‘yes’ on Amendment 73 to add $11.6 million annually to Eagle County Schools (letter)
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first