Letter: Vail workforce housing dilemma doesn’t compare to ‘Sophie’s Choice’
September 24, 2017
This doesn't compare to 'Sophie's Choice'
With all due respect to Anne Esson's impassioned plea for wildlife preservation, I would like her to recognize that there is a big difference between the dilemma she is describing and the dilemma of "Sophie's Choice" ("Sophie's choice: Wildlife preservation or workforce housing?" Tuesday, Sept. 19).
How in the world can you compare a mother having to choose which child will be murdered by the Nazis with a community having to choose where to put workforce housing? Anne, please review the film and read your history so that you can avoid making such insulting comparisons.
Trending In: Opinion
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Carnes: All days should be like this; sometimes it is fun to just hang out around here (column)
- Norton: The only thing better than a good book is a great book (column)
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip