Letter: Vice president’s actions in regards to flag not to be applauded
October 18, 2017
Editor's note: Find a cited version of this letter at http://www.vaildaily.com.
Those who applaud the vice president and I do not inhabit the same country.
He cheers a president who openly insults the mothers of NFL players, calling them "sons of bitches."
Under his flag, thousands of U.S. citizens were arrested and jailed in concentration camps solely because of their Japanese ancestry.
Recommended Stories For You
His flag celebrated the slaughter of more than 500 innocent women and children under the command of U.S. Army Capt. William Calley at My Lai, Vietnam.
His flag was carried by members of the Ohio National Guard as they fired on and killed four students at Kent State University.
His flag invaded Iraq for no reason other than that President George Bush, Condoleezza Rice, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld wanted a war having nothing to do with the attack on Sept. 1, 2011, but gave rise to the Islamic state.
Would that our flag were an emblem of liberty, freedom for all citizens and peace. Perhaps those who kneel wish the same.
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers encourage sportsmen to vote public lands and waters (column)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard