Letter: Voicing support for Eagle County Commissioner Jill Ryan for State House
October 10, 2017
With Rep. Diane Mitsch Bush leaving the State House, a vacancy committee will be appointing a replacement at the end of October.
I urge the committee to appoint Commissioner Jill Ryan. Ryan is charismatic and well loved, a natural-born leader. Beyond that, she is an experienced policy maker with a vision for Colorado's well being. She has worked at the state level on complex issues such as health care, transportation and environmental sustainability. She has proven her commitment to our community repeatedly.
She is currently serving Eagle County as a commissioner, and before that, she was Eagle County's public health director. From 2013 until 2017, Commissioner Ryan served on the Colorado State Board of Health as a Gov. John Hickenlooper appointee and was the vice president of the State Board of Health in 2015. In addition, she and her fellow commissioners have managed a $100 million-plus county budget through tough economic times.
Commissioner Ryan has a proven history of protecting the welfare of the citizens of Eagle County. I trust that if she is in Denver, our state will be in great hands. She is selfless in her pursuits, works hard and has great integrity.
Martha Brassel and Chris Anderson
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Vote ‘no’ on Prop. 109 and ‘yes’ on Prop. 110 to fund transportation in Colorado (letter)
- Wissot: Don’t let politics play such an overwhelmingly negative role in your life (column)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Vote ‘yes’ on Amendment 73 to add $11.6 million annually to Eagle County Schools (letter)
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first