Letter: We are all deserving of love, respect and help when in need
October 5, 2017
I am a native of Houston who enjoys the beautiful mountains and fantastic hospitality of the Vail Valley during the summer. I am also a Republican. I read the Vail Daily, daily. Jay Wissot's article "How Texas changed me" (Saturday, Sept. 23) brought tears to my eyes. It is a good reminder that we are all deserving of love, respect and help when in need. Those volunteers put themselves in harm's way to help people they had never seen before.
Thank you, Jay.
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers encourage sportsmen to vote public lands and waters (column)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect