Letter: We are all deserving of love, respect and help when in need
October 5, 2017
I am a native of Houston who enjoys the beautiful mountains and fantastic hospitality of the Vail Valley during the summer. I am also a Republican. I read the Vail Daily, daily. Jay Wissot's article "How Texas changed me" (Saturday, Sept. 23) brought tears to my eyes. It is a good reminder that we are all deserving of love, respect and help when in need. Those volunteers put themselves in harm's way to help people they had never seen before.
Thank you, Jay.
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- Connect for Health Colorado: Optimism surrounds sixth-annual open enrollment (column)
- With record profits the past few years, why doesn’t Vail Health lower its prices? (letter)
- Column calling bus riders ‘peasants’ was appalling and disgraceful (letter)
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Winter Park Resort named best ski resort in North America by USA Today
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019