Letter: We are all deserving of love, respect and help when in need
October 5, 2017
I am a native of Houston who enjoys the beautiful mountains and fantastic hospitality of the Vail Valley during the summer. I am also a Republican. I read the Vail Daily, daily. Jay Wissot's article "How Texas changed me" (Saturday, Sept. 23) brought tears to my eyes. It is a good reminder that we are all deserving of love, respect and help when in need. Those volunteers put themselves in harm's way to help people they had never seen before.
Thank you, Jay.
Trending In: Opinion
- Warning issued for Edwards residents after 8-10 mountain lions seen roaming neighborhoods
- O. J. Simpson spotted in Vail, posing for selfies
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Vail and Beaver Creek
- WATCH: Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode
- Skier rushed from Beaver Creek, pronounced dead at 85