Letter: What does Eagle Vail Better Together smiley face signage really mean?
January 20, 2018
A key spokeswoman for Eagle Vail Better Together, the folks responsible for smiley face signage, recently shared a post on their website. She stated that the better together slogan was their way of saying, "let's get happy" and creating a positive buzz. I really wish she would have stated with specificity what it would take in higher dues and higher taxes to make the together folks happy and buzzed-up again.
I have found that when I hang around people who use buzzwords, I usually get stung, and the sting is in my pocket book. Could their "get happy together" message be easier to figure than one would think? Could it simply be "your money, they're happy"?
Trending In: Opinion
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Maybe it’s time to wipe the slate clean in Avon on Election Day (letter)
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail