Letter: It’s all Related
September 11, 2016
To all you Related fans in Snowmass Village and beyond the borders of Pitkin County: Do you recall that Related WestPac bought the Raffles L'Ermitage Hotel-Beverly Hills in Beverly Hills, California, several years back?
Well, in the exciting Related Cos. saga, it seems your favorite real estate developer in Snowmass Village slipped the five-star Beverly Hills hotel into the hands of Jho Low, who bought it in 2009. The L'Ermitage is now known as the Viceroy L'Ermitage-Beverly Hills.
In late July, the U.S. Department of Justice began seizure efforts to take it from Low, who is a Malaysian elite, tied to the 1Malaysia Development Berhad investment fund. ("U.S. Justice Department moves to seize more than $1 billion in assets, including L'Ermitage Hotel, 'Wolf Of Wall Streets' rights," Beverly Hills Courier, July 22).
Our U.S. Justice Department says the Vicreoy L'Ermtiage was purchased with tainted, corrupted money.
Sleep tight, Snowmass Village folks. Sweet dreams to you! And add this to your Related stories to become your folklore. Ta-ta.
Emzy Veazy III
Recommended Stories For You
Burbank, California, and Aspen
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack