Letter: What about a wall for Avon?
March 12, 2019
Since the Hahnewald barn is valuable, and expensive to move, can we consider preserving 25 percent of it and hopefully spending less than 50 percent of the estimated cost to repurpose it? It is possible to foresee a beautiful feature wall inside a future events center. This wall would be primarily made of barn wood, and many historical pictures and documents could be placed upon and near it to honor Avon's pioneers. Save the wood. Make a wall. Use some fiscal responsibility. It might be possible to regain some trust from the citizens of Avon.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Letter: Let Vail Resorts worry about its own employees
- Crews clear rock slide blocking both lanes on I-70 near Dowd Junction
- Native son, local firefighter Eric Hill dies in CDOT accident
- Eagle County Schools names three superintendent finalists
- Whistle Pig Vail announces Nathaniel Rateliff as part of 2019 lineup