Vail Daily letter: A memorable moment
July 14, 2014
Thank you to the Vail Valley Foundation, Bravo! Vail, Jim Palermo, Jeff Tyzik and the Dallas Symphony Orchestra for including our ambassador Capt. Ferris Butler, US Army (retired) in the Patriotic Concert on the Fourth of July. The recognition of United States armed forces veterans and those who have sacrificed is truly a memorable moment at the annual concert and reinforces the significance of the Independence Day celebration, reminding us how truly blessed we are to live in our great country.
Vail holds a special place in the lives of the Vail Veterans Program alumni and their family as it a place of healing. It continues to be our collective commitment to continue supporting our wounded warriors as they cope with living with a life-altering injury.
Ferris also wanted to share his appreciation to the Vail community. ""The Vail Veterans Program has recognized the physical and emotional healing powers of the outdoors. The sheer beauty of Vail pales in comparison to the community of Vail, who wraps their arms around disabled veterans from across the country each and every year. This program has lasting effects on us as veterans and provides immeasurable healing for the families of our injured service members."
Executive director, Vail Veterans Program
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Woman found in Vail Dumpster requests exclusion of police testimony from trial, scheduled for February
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife sends public reminder after sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Is the Vail Valley’s good early snow a sign of more powder through the winter?
- Birds of Prey is officially a go in December