Vail Daily letter: Conservation efforts
August 24, 2015
I'd like to thank Sen. Bennet following his announcement that he'll be working in the Senate to permanently protect 58,000 acres in the Eagle and Summit counties. In doing so, Sen. Bennet has reaffirmed his commitment, alongside Congressman Polis, to conservation and the protection of our natural environment. As anyone who has visited Colorado knows, we are blessed with a beautiful state and an abundance of recreational opportunities from hunting, hiking, and skiing to mountain biking. I'm especially supportive of this effort because it has been a community-driven process ensuring all existing uses will be permitted when enacted as law.
I encourage the senator to move swiftly as much of Colorado's pristine wilderness has come under threat from developmental pressures. I applaud Sen. Bennet and Congressman Polis for stepping up as champions of conservation. Their work toward conserving our beautiful state will be a great legacy for all.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards