Vail Daily letter: Criminals don’t obey gun laws!
June 24, 2013
What the legislators in Colorado have done to the state's law-abiding gun owners is truly a shame.
The ban on magazines holding more than 15 rounds will not impact criminals since they don't obey gun laws.
It can be a problem for frightened homeowners trying to defend themselves and certainly a problem for the disabled.
The law requiring all transfers of firearms even between private individuals to undergo background checks by a federally licensed firearm dealer will be like Prohibition — ignored.
This will continue to promote a growing lack of respect for the law.
Knee-jerk laws won't make anyone safer. Unlike what the founding fathers wrote in the Constitution, a limited government based on freedom, today's governments, both state and federal, want to control you.
Recommended Stories For You
More and more they try to reduce our rights. Enough!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Warning issued for Edwards residents after 8-10 mountain lions seen roaming neighborhoods
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- Skier rushed from Beaver Creek, pronounced dead at 85
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Vail and Beaver Creek
- WATCH: Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode