Vail Daily letter: Don’t want pot problems
June 23, 2014
Thank you, RRC survey group, for proving that just because a neighborhood voted to legalize marijuana does not mean they want it sold in their vicinity! The town of Vail voted 75 percent for legalization — 57 percent answered "no" to selling it in town. (31 percent for, 13 percent unsure)
To quote County Manager Keith Montag, "People might be substituting marijuana for alcohol or that people were choosing to stay at home and use marijuana instead of going out." Please don't lead us to believe this is justification for recreational marijuana shops. Do we want either alcohol or recreational marijuana problems? A vibrant society is desirable isn't it?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019