Vail Daily letter: Food for thought
The post mid-term results resonate more with some than others — east and west as context. It occurred to me where the twain shall meet, should my instincts befit an aging Kiwi conservative with benefits.
• The medical industry applauds future deferral/defeat of the tax on devices, refocusing on R&D for the perfect knee prosthetic.
• Corporations salivate whilst dreaming of revised tax codes, unenthused about the prospect of Irish inversion.
• Government-bloated employees of EPA, NSA, IRS, VA and FDA ( “Dilberts”) shiver at the prospect of downsizing under GOP mandates.
• Nazi Social Security recipients in Europe quiver at the prospect of goose-stepping to the mailbox only to find discount coupons for spatzle.
• Fox News delights in the idea of a more humble Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz.
• Anxiety returns to Putin, Assad and Ahmadinejad (German: “Argh, my dinner’s jaded.”)
• Netanyahu is more comfortable — he really has an ally now who doesn’t think he’s chicken s—.
• The words “Islam” and “jihad” are now back in print at The New York Times.
• Lois Lerner may actually go to jail.
• Secret Service miscreants will be spanked, although not in the way they envisioned.
• Voters in some districts may actually have to get a driver’s license.
• Citizens from Liberia may have to suffer through a lie-detector test.
•The U.N. may actually have to justify itself.
Food for thought.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User