Vail Daily letter: For Ryan, Chandler-Henry
October 6, 2016
Those in attendance at Monday's candidate forum at Colorado Mountain College were rewarded with a substantive discussion of the issues in a fair and efficient format. My thanks to those who participated and organized the event.
If there was one take-away from the forum, it is this: Experience matters. Both Kathy Chandler-Henry and Jill Ryan, our incumbent county commissioners, demonstrated their understanding of the issues facing the county and their plans to address them (as well as their actions to date).
The challengers offered no significant ideas or plans for how the county should operate differently. They both support the tax initiatives that the commissioners have placed on the ballot. They both identified the same issues the incumbents did as the most important ones facing the county. It appeared that their only real argument for election was change for changes sake.
We live in a complex world in which familiarity with the issues is critically important to effective governance. Jill Ryan and Kathy Chandler-Henry have that knowledge. Furthermore, in their service to date, they have demonstrated integrity, good judgment, and the ability to work effectively with the different communities in Eagle County. I urge everyone to vote for them in November.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job