Vail Daily letter: Get rid of Gennett
September 20, 2016
The first best steps Avon can take to preserve our most precious and dwindling open green space is to remove Town Council member Matt Gennett from office. The audacity of suggesting we will sit by and watch our fragile open space be trampled upon by his so called "bootlegged bikers" reveals his very shallow and shortsighted thinking on this critical issue.
The next best step Avon residents can take to preserve our beautiful open spaces would to pass town ordinances prohibiting any rogue biking in these fragile areas. These ordinances should carry very stiff penalties for violators.
Just whose interests is Matt Gennett serving? The residents of our beautiful town or "bootlegged bikers" who would trample our open spaces just for spite?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack