Vail Daily letter: Good move with Eagle bike trail
June 3, 2013
I would like to thank the members of the Eagle Town Board who voted to fund and construct a new intermediate trail to host the 2013 Colorado High School Cycling League State Championships.
While I have concerns regarding the non-competitive bid and lack of process for establishing new recreational trails, I believe the board has negotiated an agreement that protects the residents of Eagle.
The board has already started discussions on seasonal closures and other mechanisms to protect critical wildlife habitat and in the future will discuss multiuse and animal control.
This trail will add another outstanding community amenity for the town of Eagle.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move