Vail Daily letter: Good move with Eagle bike trail
June 3, 2013
I would like to thank the members of the Eagle Town Board who voted to fund and construct a new intermediate trail to host the 2013 Colorado High School Cycling League State Championships.
While I have concerns regarding the non-competitive bid and lack of process for establishing new recreational trails, I believe the board has negotiated an agreement that protects the residents of Eagle.
The board has already started discussions on seasonal closures and other mechanisms to protect critical wildlife habitat and in the future will discuss multiuse and animal control.
This trail will add another outstanding community amenity for the town of Eagle.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Woman falls through ice in Edwards attempting to rescue dog from pond
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Head ski equipment company leading the way for lighter, performance-based boots