Vail Daily letter: Grateful for your support
June 26, 2013
On April 2, our lives changed forever with the death of Susan Leigh Zastrow. She asked that we have a private memorial service and we honored her wishes.
This will be a forever transition with this profound loss, but we wanted to take a moment to formally thank everyone for the tremendous support we have received.
There have been countless cards, flowers, food, donations and messages received honoring Sue's life and in loving support of our family.
This letter is to express our gratitude to this community that we have called home for 31 years and to acknowledge that the loss of Sue is a loss for so many. We have been moved by the stories of how far reaching her impact was for so many of you. Her death has forced us to take stock in and deepen our commitment to focus on what really matters in life.
Sue loved fiercely and was simply a rock of support for so many. That is her legacy. It is to love and care for each other above all else.
We are so grateful that our community paused to share and express their love and gratitude for this wife, mother, grandmother, and friend. That was an enormous gift to our family and a testament to what this community embodies.
Recommended Stories For You
At the end of the day, it is this powerful love and support that makes all of the difference. So it is with deep love and gratitude that we thank you all and look forward to living Sue's legacy by continuing to honor and care for one another.
With respect, love and our sincerest thank you,
The Zastrow family
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints