Vail Daily letter: Great seminar
December 15, 2013
On Wednesday of this last week, Jeannie Thoren held a seminar entitled "Women are not small men." Jeannie owns, with husband Tom Haas, Jeannie Thoren's Women's Ski Center in Lionshead.
Many years ago, I met Jeannie when she was having women demo women-specific skis in Lionshead. I told Jeannie what I wanted to do and how I skied and she recommended a pair, which I tried and immediately bought. I still have them and love them. Jeannie hit the mark perfectly.
I had not been to one of her seminars so I decided to try it. It was fascinating and Jeannie is a ton of fun to learn from. Again, she hit the mark. She taught us how women's bodies are physically and dynamically much different from men's when it comes to skiing. Skis and boots need to be chosen and fitted much differently for women. It's not just size that matters! I went to her shop for new skis this year and she not only helped me find another fabulous pair, but she and Tom also fine-tuned an already great new pair of boots. They made several changes that made the boots noticeably more responsive and they fit even better. Her shop is loaded with women-specific skis, boots, bindings, clothing and all else feminine. With Tom in the shop, men can also get expert advice about fitting and adjusting their boots and get their skis precisely tuned.
Many thanks, Jeannie. For women who want special help, visit Jeannie or keep an eye out for a possible second seminar this winter here in Vail.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire