Vail Daily letter: Hammon for commissioner
June 19, 2014
I write in support of Pat Hammon's candidacy for county commissioner.
I have known and worked with Pat for many years and find her to be a thoroughly decent, caring, and committed person. Pat is a natural leader, is not afraid of rolling up her sleeves and getting her hands dirty, and is fearless. She is a great listener and completely tireless.
In addition to her personal attributes — which are many — Pat is thoroughly versed in land use issues and budgetary matters, and has proved her long commitment to this county and its citizens. Pat will be a rare and bright addition to the board and will bring a "can do" attitude to the sometimes mundane but often difficult issues with which the commissioners must wrestle on the public behalf. I am convinced that public service and the public welfare will always be Pat's exclusive commitment.
Pat is smart, talented, level-headed, and engaging. Her learning curve is shallow; she will be up to speed immediately. As in everything she does, Pat will devote full energy and full attention to the job.
I simply cannot endorse Pat Hammon for county commissioner more enthusiastically. I hope you will join with me in supporting Pat this Election Day.
Rohn K. Robbins
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail