Vail Daily letter: Is more debt the answer?
September 30, 2016
Did you receive the Eagle County School District's recent mailer promoting 3A/3B?
The message: The longer we wait the more it will cost, stop kicking the can down the road, borrow now while interest rates are low.
There is one thing not said in the mailer. Before deciding to check the ballot "yes," go to the Eagle County School District's website and check out the existing debt currently on the books. Consider what this proposed record tax increase could mean if home values collapse in this tepid world economy.
Cheap money is there for the taking. Borrow as much as you can. Is that really a good lesson to teach our kids? Out of such bricks are economic and financial catastrophes built.
Tom and Aggie Chastain
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move