Vail Daily letter: It takes a valley
October 6, 2016
Another year, another successful Eagle Valley Rummage Sale! The 52nd annual Sale was held in Minturn's Maloit Park the third and fourth weekends in August and it was a success due to our generous donors, our amazing volunteers, our customers, the hard-working Ken Mason (our one and only employee), CDOT (once again, thank you), and our special community partners Aardvac and Rick Morton, Beaver Framing, Cedars Flower Shop, the Eagle County School District (without which we would not have our facility) the Eagle River Fire District, EPS Printing, Vail Honeywagon, and Starting Hearts (which loaned us an AED just in case). A special thank you to the Vail Daily for their wonderful coverage this year!
Thanks to all of you, the Eagle Valley Community Fund will be distributing well over $100,000 to the more than 75 Eagle County nonprofit charities on Oct. 11. Each donation is figured by the total number of volunteer hours earned by each group. These charities use the funds we, and you, provide them … to make this valley a better place to live for all of us.
Nancy Nottingham and the Eagle Valley Community Fund board
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife