Vail Daily letter: Just sayin’
June 20, 2013
A recent Valley Voices column referred to the "Patriot Act" as being written by U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner, R-Wisconsin.
As Wisconsin was my birthplace and was put on the map by Sen. Joe McCarthy, I think you did not give proper recognition for Rep. Sensenbrenner's work.
The proper name for the 2001 law is the USA Patriot Act — an acronym standing for Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism.
I take no position on the law.
I should also add that Rep. Sensenbrenner is part of an organization that does not believe in global warming.
The belief goes beyond saying human activity is not responsible for climate change, but readings of thermometers showing an upward trend of temperatures have misused the laws of statistics.
Recommended Stories For You
I take no position on this belief.
So please give proper recognition of the work done by my Wisconsin compatriots.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards