Vail Daily letter: Leave Vail Trail alone
February 26, 2016
The trail is not "broken" there is no need to "fix" it. It is one of the best trails in Vail as it is. The ups and downs and switchbacks are fine as they are. The idea of adding bikes is dangerous, even if it was widened. The only improvements would be to make the "ends" of the trail, at Golden Peak and at the golf course, more easily accessible.
We have used the trail in summer and winter for over 20 years. It just gets prettier
As Robin Wagner and Jorge Carbo (Letters to the Editor, Friday's Vail Daily) said, it is being "fast tracked" and why that is is a mystery. Who is this going to benefit?
Cherie Lind Fry
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Warning issued for Edwards residents after 8-10 mountain lions seen roaming neighborhoods
- O. J. Simpson spotted in Vail, posing for selfies
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Vail and Beaver Creek
- WATCH: Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode
- Skier rushed from Beaver Creek, pronounced dead at 85