Vail Daily letter: Leave Vail Trail alone
February 26, 2016
The trail is not "broken" there is no need to "fix" it. It is one of the best trails in Vail as it is. The ups and downs and switchbacks are fine as they are. The idea of adding bikes is dangerous, even if it was widened. The only improvements would be to make the "ends" of the trail, at Golden Peak and at the golf course, more easily accessible.
We have used the trail in summer and winter for over 20 years. It just gets prettier
As Robin Wagner and Jorge Carbo (Letters to the Editor, Friday's Vail Daily) said, it is being "fast tracked" and why that is is a mystery. Who is this going to benefit?
Cherie Lind Fry
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move