Vail Daily letter: Let’s support our neighbors
April 8, 2015
It's been another great season for your local United Way of Eagle River Valley! It's time again to extend the opportunity to local charities to apply for funding. Grant applications can be obtained from our executive director, Rebecca Kanaly, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-994-2622.
Your United Way of Eagle River Valley continues to focus on improving education, increasing access to health care as well as partnering with Eagle County residents that are simply striving to make ends meet. Please visit unitedwayeagle.org to see the charities we funded during the fiscal year of 2014.
Each of our all-volunteer board members are passionate and committed to meet the needs of local residents and to help them become successful. Our goal to "convene through partnership" is the tune that continues to resonate in our many activities and initiatives. We seek to leverage our role as a funder of local charities and programs to build relationships between organizations rather than to just fund them individually. During this year's agency grant application process, we will be seeking opportunities for more inter-agency collaboration to reduce costs, increase effectiveness and to fill gaps in servicing our community needs.
I am thrilled and proud to be a board member of the United Way of Eagle River Valley. Please join me and live United!
Rhonda Lee Salazar
Chair, Convening for Partnership Committee, United Way of Eagle River Valley
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Vail Valley-based Hackernoon using equity crowdfunding to fuel new growth
- Biggest piece of Vail Valley real estate business is now a higher price range
- Eagle County struggles with record number of suicide deaths in 2018
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife sends public reminder after sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home
- Vail’s Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin