Vail Daily letter: Nice new addition
June 21, 2014
Dan Brewster, a longtime resident of the Eagle Valley, has at last realized his dream of opening a running, hiking and backcountry store in Avon next to Pazzo's Pizza. His store is called Haute (phonetically pronounced "oat") Route. Haute Route is named after the famous European trail which covers a strenuous high-level traverse in the French and Swiss Alps, walking from Chamonix in France to Zermatt in Switzerland.The route traverses below the summits of 10 out of the 12 of the highest peaks in the Alps, and crosses several high passes. Dan's vision is to provide excellent gear, shoes, backpacks and clothing to the outdoor enthusiast. And there are many of these enthusiasts who reside in our valley and well as the competitive athletes who compete and visit our area. The grand opening was Friday and he had the opportunity for runners to sign up for the 5K and 10K race that happened on Saturday. The store fills a niche in our valley. !
I found the women's clothes very appealing and will check out the lightweight walking, running and hiking shoes next time. The store fills a niche in our valley. Do visit and meet Dan.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed