Vail Daily letter: Pick up litter
July 15, 2015
We feel fortunate to have owned property in the Vail Valley for over 30 years. However, we have noticed an appalling amount of highway litter on our daily walks along Highway 6. The attached picture is just a small sample we collected today, with many times this amount scattered about after the Fourth.
We were also dismayed at the large numbers of picnickers who left all their garbage on the lawn after Friday's fireworks display at Avon lake, despite the large numbers of trash bins and recycle centers scattered about. I realize the show ended abruptly this year, but there is no excuse for this behavior. Perhaps next year there can be a reminder (both verbally and in writing) to all in attendance to leave nothing behind when leaving?
Hoping for a more beautiful Vail Valley,
Lynn and Frank Matthews
Edwards and Sedona, Ariz.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip