Vail Daily letter: Ryan for commissioner
October 6, 2016
I have known Eagle County Commissioner Jill Ryan for many years, and specifically worked with her while I was president of the Eagle Valley Land Trust. Jill and I share a love of the outdoors and preserving this special place we call home. On Jill's watch, the county has purchased 2,345 acres of open space land for conservation, recreation, local food production and wildlife habitat. This includes 10 miles of soft trails, 1.5 river miles of new fishing access, and public boat ramps installed on the Eagle and Colorado rivers. Jill has been a big proponent of completing the Eagle Valley Trail much faster than its 28-year time frame. The county has been chosen to be a recipient of a $2 million matching grant under the governor's "16 Trails in 2016." Finally, important to a community that depends on snowpack for our local economy, Jill has been a champion at the local, state and national levels on climate action. Commissioner Jill Ryan will continue to work hard to preserve our natural environment.
Please vote for Jill Ryan this election.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days
- Vail Valley businesses need lots of seasonal help: there are 1,600 job openings