Vail Daily letter: Ryan for commissioner
October 6, 2016
I have known Eagle County Commissioner Jill Ryan for many years, and specifically worked with her while I was president of the Eagle Valley Land Trust. Jill and I share a love of the outdoors and preserving this special place we call home. On Jill's watch, the county has purchased 2,345 acres of open space land for conservation, recreation, local food production and wildlife habitat. This includes 10 miles of soft trails, 1.5 river miles of new fishing access, and public boat ramps installed on the Eagle and Colorado rivers. Jill has been a big proponent of completing the Eagle Valley Trail much faster than its 28-year time frame. The county has been chosen to be a recipient of a $2 million matching grant under the governor's "16 Trails in 2016." Finally, important to a community that depends on snowpack for our local economy, Jill has been a champion at the local, state and national levels on climate action. Commissioner Jill Ryan will continue to work hard to preserve our natural environment.
Please vote for Jill Ryan this election.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed