Vail Daily letter: Shame on you
July 20, 2015
This is to the woman who called out to Dr. Suzanne Royer, "Hey, anorexic," on Sunday during the Vail Market — shame on you. Shame on you for making one of the finest women I know cry. Shame on you for not thinking before you opened your foul mouth. You are lucky I didn't hear you.
My friend Suzanne has been battling cancer for a very long time. Her last bout of chemo killed her pancreas. Because her pancreas is not functioning, she is not absorbing her food. She eats 5,000 calories a day.
So, to all you judgmental, nasty people and especially the woman on Sunday, please keep your nastiness to yourselves. You don't know the story behind the bony or obese person walking by. Walk in their shoes before you pass judgment and open your mouth.
In my book, people like you are the food that hate, and all the evil in the world feeds on. I will double up on being kind to cancel your hate, evil and foul words. The good people of the world will win, and the likes of you will disappear into the nothingness that you are.
Again, I say shame on you lady.
Deena M. DiCorpo
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape