Vail Daily letter: Simonton for treasurer
October 7, 2016
As a vendor covering the state of Colorado, I have had the opportunity to work alongside many county clerks managing elections and working within the legislative and electoral environment in Colorado.
Teak Simonton has been an exceptional county clerk, and in her tenure has demonstrated great leadership, integrity and an incomparable work ethic. I have worked alongside and known Teak for 13 years, both as county clerk and as a leader among the Colorado county clerks. Over the years, I have grown to admire and respect Teak — she is extremely organized, dedicated and resourceful. She is knowledgeable in the field of elections as well as Colorado policy, always thoughtful in her analysis of issues to find comprehensive solutions for her constituents. In the past few months, as Eagle County has adopted a new voting system, she has been active in the deployment of the system, and she has worked diligently to ensure that it will provide the best experience for Eagle County voters.
In all she does, Teak exemplifies honesty, fairness and thoughtfulness. She is a bright star in Eagle County, and would make an excellent county treasurer.
Regional sales manager, Dominion Voting Systems
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy, Eagle Valley High School go 1-2 at state mountain biking championships
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video