Vail Daily letter: Ski group meets Mondays
December 7, 2013
Winter is here again and we're all ready to ski. It's time for the 50-Plus Ski with Us group to take to the slopes. Monday marks the first day for the 50-plus group to start the complimentary tours that will occur every Monday from now into April.
In case you haven't skied with this group before, it is a chance for those 50 years of age or older to ski with a group, led by a guide, which tours the mountain all day. Usually the group stops for lunch at Two Elk but that can depend on where the guide ends up skiing that day. Skiers must be advanced intermediate or above in order to participate. There are four guides and those who come select a guide based on their skiing level to be their leader for the day.
To participate all you need to do is show up on Mondays at 9:15 at Gondoly's Pizza seating area at the top of Eagle Bahn Gondola, sign a release form and be prepared to ski for the day (you can actually leave the tour at anytime you choose but just be sure to tell the guide you are leaving).
Those who ski with us enjoy the guided tours (which generally include the Back Bowls), the camaraderie of the group and the experience of the guides who show them the best places to ski on any particular day.
Mary Ann, Paul, Steve and Tom look forward to showing you a really enjoyable and memorable time on Vail Mountain.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort