Vail Daily letter: Support the team
August 18, 2015
The United States has a brand new ladies' six-person whitewater rafting team! Team USA! They were formerly the Red Ladies Raft team, but demolishing the competition in the whitewater races in Canon City on the 27th of June this year transformed them into Team USA! Now the men's team won, too; the new men and women's Team USA will be competing against the world in Indonesia this November. At least the men's team will. They have sponsors!
The Red Ladies raft team, now ostensibly Team USA, currently has no sponsorship to pay for travel, lodging, meals, equipment, and other necessities. They have a website introducing each lady, and a site where sponsors may fund them or donations may be taken: http://www.redladyraftracing.com/index.html
I read your paper every day. I see scores of excellent stories mostly of everyday people doing outdoor activities. Two of these girls are Colorado girls!
These girls are Team USA. They are excellent people. They deserve a chance to go anywhere in the world and compete for all of us. It'd be nice if your paper would spotlight these wonderful women and possibly assist them in gaining a corporate or private sponsor. This is my hope in writing.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape