Vail Daily letter: System is broken
June 4, 2014
I agree with Dr. (Larry) Brooks (letter to the editor, May 21) — not a surprise. He is a highly respected leader in the development of emergency care throughout the Vail Valley and a veteran. His message — the VA health care system has been massively broken for decades. The system has thousands of well paid administrators, including 700 lawyers, controlling inferior health care to our veterans, to whom we owe much more than the system is delivering. Our "regular" health care system could deliver better outcomes cheaper than the VA system.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019