Vail Daily letter: Thanks for rescue
September 7, 2016
Hit: To the two awesome bicyclists who stopped to rescue our 8-month-old lab puppy who was running around on U.S. Highway 6 near Wolcott. While vehicles buzzed by dodging her, the bicyclists took the time to rescue her from sure death, call our vet to see who owned her, called me at work, then continued to hold her while holding their bikes until my husband arrived. What two extraordinary and caring men.
And a big fat miss to all of those who just drove by her.
Helen E. Bird
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Vail Pass Rest Area death ruled a suicide
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Vail Resorts has sold about 925,000 passes of all kinds for this ski season
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates