Vail Daily letter: Thanks for supporting veterans
July 7, 2016
Thank you to the Vail Valley Foundation, Bravo! Vail, Jeff Tyzik and the Dallas Symphony Orchestra for including Vail Veterans Program Ambassador, US Army Sgt. (retired) Matthew Melancon in the Patriotic Concert on July 4. The recognition of United States Armed Forces veterans and those who have sacrificed is truly a memorable moment at the concert.
The Vail Valley holds a special place in the lives of Vail Veterans Program alumni and their families, as it is symbolic of rehabilitation and healing. Sgt. Melancon shared his personal experience of attending the Vail Veterans Program during the 2016 Patriotic Concert: "As a veteran of the wars of my generation, it was beyond powerful to be able to share these incredible moments of history; to bring hope and change to veteran care. Thank you to the Vail Valley for all the support you give to veterans locally and from across the nation".
A special thank you to Gallegos Corporation and the Bruno family for your incredible generosity and support throughout Independence Day weekend and at the Fourth of July parade.
Thank you for supporting our nation's veterans and their families.
Executive director, Vail Veterans Program
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape