Vail Daily letter: Time to get real
July 20, 2016
Our government must get real! The stupid congratulating ourselves for a drone attack killing a terror leader is a mistake. Intelligence is needed and what is needed is to capture, send to our prison in Cuba and interrogate these leaders. I am furious at the lack of our government to take the needed actions.
When will we declare war and say to our allies (Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran), "Either you are with us or against us," these allies must condemn these terror acts. The Muslim imams need to say this is not in our religion — hell not paradise will be your reward for terrorism.
Almost eight years of "soft power" has been a failure. Ask yourself, are we safer today than eight years ago? Will it take another 9/11 or worse to act?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Vail Pass Rest Area death ruled a suicide
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Vail Resorts has sold about 925,000 passes of all kinds for this ski season