Vail Daily letter: Trump the demagogue
July 24, 2016
"Demagoguery" is defined by my dictionary as the methods or practice of "a person who tries to stir up the people by appeals to emotion, prejudice, etc. in order to win them over quickly and so gain power." Throw in a lot of unrealistic promises, along with the hate talk, and you have our prime demagogue, Mr. Trump. Ms. Clinton is not my favorite person, but by all that I hold dear, she is more intelligent, more decent, more concerned about all of us and our rights than Trump will ever be. If you are on the fence, please pay attention to your brain and not Trump's mob psychology when you vote.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019