Vail Daily letter: Upgrade in waiting?
September 19, 2016
Donald Trump and his supporters are jubilant over the current bad news for Hillary Clinton — health concerns, emails, Clinton Foundation. And there may be an October surprise courtesy of the Russians or Wikileaks.
What if Hillary were forced out of the race, and someone like her running mate, Tim Kaine, or Joe Biden, stepped in? Would that necessarily be a plus for Trump?
There are a lot of people who don't care for Trump very much, but would hold their noses and vote for him if the alternative were Hillary Clinton. What if the Democratic candidate were someone less loathsome, like the two I have mentioned, or even someone relatively unknown? Might many voters go for such a candidate rather than for someone like Trump, who has pretty high negatives himself?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife