Vail Daily letter: Van Beek for sheriff
June 12, 2014
To my fellow citizens of Eagle County,
I am writing this letter in support of James Van Beek who is running for sheriff of Eagle County. I have known James for approximately 20 years and have worked with James at the Eagle County Sheriff's Office for 15-plus of those years. I have seen James develop various skills, but most of all I've seen James interact with people of all walks of life.
I must say his understanding, compassion, and the level of care that he demonstrated as deputy sheriff showcases his ability to communicate with citizens and understand their needs, concerns and at times their demands.
These are all attributes a person would need to have to become the sheriff of Eagle County.
This is the very reason why James has my support for sheriff of Eagle County. I believe he is a true leader as he is honest, up front and to the point — a man of the people.
Charlie V. Cooper
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail