Vail Daily letter: Van Beek for sheriff
June 13, 2014
I can remember once upon a time when both Colorado and Eagle County were "conservative country." I acknowledge that there is more than one reason for that no longer being true. However, I am sure that one of the reasons is that the Republican Party has made some poor choices. My party has a chance to make the right choice in selecting the Republican candidate for Eagle County sheriff.
James van Beek is an outstanding candidate for Eagle County sheriff. His platform states that he is accessible, accountable and responsive to the residents of Eagle County, and I am one who can attest to all of these qualities.
His more than 20 years of experience speaks for itself, and it is time for us to pay attention to this most basic of facts.
It is time for us to get out there and make the right choice.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort