Vail Daily letter: Van Beek for sheriff
June 13, 2014
I can remember once upon a time when both Colorado and Eagle County were "conservative country." I acknowledge that there is more than one reason for that no longer being true. However, I am sure that one of the reasons is that the Republican Party has made some poor choices. My party has a chance to make the right choice in selecting the Republican candidate for Eagle County sheriff.
James van Beek is an outstanding candidate for Eagle County sheriff. His platform states that he is accessible, accountable and responsive to the residents of Eagle County, and I am one who can attest to all of these qualities.
His more than 20 years of experience speaks for itself, and it is time for us to pay attention to this most basic of facts.
It is time for us to get out there and make the right choice.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife